Thursday, May 29, 2008

There's so much to tell you, so little time...

Well rather than wait an entire month to catch up on things, I figured since it was a slow day at work that I would remind myself of what this whole blogging thing is like. I won't use the fact that I haven't had internet at home for the last couple of weeks as an excuse, since the majority of what little I have done on here has been while I'm at work.

So anyways...

We were able to get out of our old house and into our new one without any major incidents. The moving itself was a pain, but that's unavoidable. Had it not been for some great friends and awesome family, I really don't think we would have survived or been out in time. We still have a good number of boxes that we haven't gone through and we've been there almost two weeks.

But these past two weeks have been soooooooo nice...

This is probably the third time in my life that I feel like I have really accomplished something. The first was marrying my wife who is probably out of my league and the second was becoming a father when our son was born (I'm listing these in strict chronological order in case you haven't figured that out). I mean I always had plenty of "things" growing up and had a good roof over my head, but I really feel like I'm living in someone else's house right now. Just to be clear, it's not THAT extravagant. It's just SO much nicer than our first home it feels like we're both out of our league right now.

There's still a lot to be done as we haven't even brought our dogs home yet, but for me it has made our last house a distant memory.

I'll leave it at that for now, but I promise there will be more to come for those of you literally on the edge of your seat.

1 comment:

The Running Couple said...

So are you aiming for like a once a month entry? I thought you were going to start blogging more after your move? I know you have something to say about your upcoming trip to the coast or something?