Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I want to rock n' roll all night...

Keep It Simple Stupid

This will be my new philosophy, so let's get to it...

-Xavier is beyond walking now, almost to the point of running. While it's good to see that he's making progress, parenting has suddenly become a little more challenging.

-Barack Obama will be in our town tomorrow but tickets were basically gone before the word got out. That's probably a good thing knowing the kind of conservative nut jobs we have in our area.

-Michael Phelps should be the next Terminator, as he is clearly a machine and not human. I'm kicking myself for refusing to watch the first few days of the Olympics because I thought the coverage at night was all on tape delay. Of course once I realized this was not the case I was able to watch his last three events as they happened.

-My "rock" band played a show for the first time in years and had less than a week to prepare, but we actually pulled it off all things considered.

-My "church" band has been recording some originals for the last few weeks and hope to have something together for when we play Day in the Park on September 13th.

-Madden NFL 09 is actually pretty good and fun to play this year.

-Erin has discovered the series of books known as "Twilight", courtesy of our neighbor, and has become obsessed over the last couple of weeks and is finally on the last one.

-Eddie Vedder played two solo shows in Washington DC this past weekend and yours truly did NOT go to either one. Somewhere somebody named Erin is proud of me.

From this point forward, I'm going to list the song that's playing on my iPod when I get to the end of the post. Why? I'm not really sure, but since 99% of my posts will be made while I have my iPod playing, I thought it would be fun to keep track. For the record, there are currently 10,396 songs on my iPod and right now it's playing...

"Metal Heart" by Cat Power from the album "Moon Pix"

1 comment:

The Running Couple said...

Keep it simple stupid, that's my motto. I forgot about Day In The Park, that may actually be fun this year.

Well, anyways, Welcome back.